Psssst..much like STY, I like to tell stories with pictures...so sorry in advance!
1. I was born on a sailboat...raised I mean. My Mom did give birth to me in a hospital silly. What I meant was, we lived aboard a sailboat until I was about 5, then we kept the boat for weekend get-aways until I was about 9 or 10. Here's a picture of me and ES at about ages 9 and 5 yrs.
Not sure if we were fishing or what...
2. I have an unhealthy obsession with my cat Jake, named pre-Twilight of course. He likes to lay on top of me in all sorts of different positions. Get your minds out of the gutter!
Right after he ate the pad wrapper, before he started vomiting.
LONG STORY, probably heard about it on FB or Twitter. He's OK now.
I think he's a 15.4 lbs contortionist.
3. I hate my legs with a passion. They're a bit bowed & have a weird shape anyways (can't believe I'm saying this OUT LOUD) and I got made fun of in middle school. It's something I NEVER talk about. I love wearing dresses now, but I refuse to wear high heels with them because it just look ridiculous. I refuse to buy so many amazing dresses because of my leg hatred.
4. I Love Wine. Hey, this isn't called "25 Things You Don't Know About Me." Surprise surprise. I drink mostly red wine, but absolutely love champagne. I recently developed a liking to Sauvignon Blanc, but only like NZ brands as they tend to be a bit grapefruity. Can't wait for Twikiwi to visit...wink wink ;)
5. My Grandparents were both born and raised in England, just outside of London. They moved to San Diego with my Mom when she was 5. They were/are two of the most amazing and loving people I have ever met. My Papa (Grandpa) passed away in 2003 (?) but my Grandma, 12 years younger than he, is alive and well. I see her at least once a week.
On their wedding day <3 1953 (?)
Robert & Josephine..aka Jo.
In the mid 90's at La Jolla Cove.
6. I have always had an intense motherly instinct. I have wanted a baby since as far back as I can remember. When I was about 7 or 8, I went through this phase of carrying around this doll that closely resembled a newborn. I would wrap it up, make a mixture of flour and water in a bottle (to look like formula of course) and stick it in a carrier. I remember one time standing in line with my Mom and ES at the bank wondering if anyone thought the baby was real. I did fool a few people.
7. Despite my intense motherly instinct, I detest the sound of crying children...no so much babies, but toddlers and up. Speaking of, my neighbors 2 year old is driving me bonkers.
8. I love Summertime, but hate being hot.
9. I once (or twice, maybe three times) put toilet paper in my underwear when I was a little kid because I wanted a penis. Yup, I just said that. I wonder if my Mom thought I had issues?
10. I was born 2 weeks early on February 16th, 1980. I had bad jaundice and had to go back into the hospital for a few days. This was before you could take home the lights. My Mom was devastated.
11. My parents put me in swim lessons at 8 mos old. We lived on a boat so obviously it was a priority.
12. I went on to be a competative swimmer from age 11-16.
50 meter butterfly as a novice swimmer, age 12.
13. I'm not a vegetarian, but I love Morning Star Farms fake sausage patties. In fact, I'm going to have two of those and a salad for dinner.
14. It drives me insane when people are late (I'm not talking 3-5 minutes)..... I just don't get it.
15. I don't hate cooking, but I don't particularly like it. I think it stems from my severe lack of patience.
16. My Sister ES & I used to bicker a lot when we were kids. When she was about 8 or 9 mos old I leaned down to kiss her and she bit my cheek. She wasn't the cuddly type, let's just leave it at that. Being exactly 4.5 years to the day apart (Feb 16th 1980 & Aug 16th 1984) it was an awkward gap. Now at 26 (almost 27) and 31, we are very close. We still bicker like Sisters,but like when we were kids...it is forgotten about in an hour. That's the beauty of Sisters. I have this immense love & respect for her. I'd do anything for her, as I know she would for me. *Tears*
Being silly is 2003.
17. While I'm all mushy...My Mom. Much like my ES, she's my best friend. My hero. My confidant. Still to this day, cuddling with my her is the best medicine ever. This weekend while I was sad about Jake, we cuddled on the couch at my Grandma's pre-fireworks. When she rubs my head, my worries dissipate. Even at 31 years old. I would do anything for her.
We look dorky because I was trying not to look sad.
18. I don't like beets & sardines. I'll pretty much eat anything, but beets taste like dirt and sardines are just foul.
19. I don't like country music, but I LOVE Shania Twain. Once I save up some money I plan to go see her in Las Vegas at Caesars Palace.
20. I love to drive. Part of it stems from the fact I'm a control freak...I will always offer to drive. That aside, I do love to go on drives by myself. To most people it's a chore, to me it's soothing. I guess it wouldn't be if I lived in LA...but you get my drift.
21. I love picking zits, black heads etc...just like @CullenaryCurser.
22. I have a very unhealthy obsession with my hair. If the highlights and cut are not perfect, I'm miserable. What a bitch I am! AND, I have had hair above my shoulders, preferably above the middle of my neck for the past 10 years. Last time I had really long hair, it was 1998. I didn't die it at this point, it truly was lighter on the ends from the sun. Part of me thinks I have some red in my natural hair...in certain light.
Me in 97?
23. I once dressed up as a Vampire for Halloween & ES was a witch...a very unhappy witch apparently.
Not sure if I was trying to flash my leg or what?!
ES is pissed.
24. I really want to have a girl one day, however my entire family foresees a boy. I have wanted to name my girl "Laurel" for quite some time.
25. My trip to Forks in 2010 changed my life. I met so many amazing women and truly love you all. What an experience!
PHEW! That took 2 hours. WOW. Head over to to STY's post and check out the comments. Many of you have linked to your own 25 Things post, or left yours in Twitardeds comments.