Friday, April 15, 2011

Good Karma?

Karma: action, seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, good or bad, either in this life or in a reincarnation.


Whether or not you believe in Karma, I feel that there's some truth to that what you put out there, be it good or bad, comes back to you in some form or another. A constant circle so to speak...




Good OR Bad


Why all this talk of Karma you ask? Well, lots of great things are happening in our Twi-community lately & it got me thinking.. ...For example, my dear bloggy bestie Lisa has never had the opportunity to breath the air of the precious (aka Mr. Pattinson) OR, even see Jackson perform with 100 Monkeys. She's always so ridiculously supportive when us West Coasters are given the chance & she's often stuck living vicariously through us. But no matter what, she's always excited for us and uber supportive....much like a lot of you!  FINALLY, luck is on her side and this weekend she is on her way with Mama Cougar to NYC to catch a glimpse of RPattz for the WFE red carpet premiere!  I'm so ridiculously excited for her, I can't explain it.  She also found out she might be scoring a FREE flight to San Diego for Comic Con, and to visit @TwiloveSue & me ....of course!  To top it off, she's also going to get her chance to dry hump Jackson's leg at a 100 Monkeys Concert this Summer in Chicago!!  Is this all Karma for her patience & kindness?


Some of us have been so fortunate in this fandom.  How many people who absolutely obsesss over someone or something, actuallly get to experience them or it up close? ES & I have had some phenomenal experiences since becoming obsessed with Twilight...such as lining up for the New Moon Premiere in LA and getting to see all of the stars arrive, seeing the Twifecta at the Eclipse Convention, numerous Jackson encounters at 100 Monkeys Concerts, seeing PFach up close & very personal ;) and meeting several of the other actors...I'm not the only one here in San Diego that's gotten lucky,  @TwiloveSue has also been very fortunate. You can read about many of her experiences HERE

Do good things happen to us because we're all so kind & accepting of each other?

Is it because we love & support each other?


I like to think those are the reasons we have been so blessed.  What you put out there comes back to you....somehow...

Preferrably in the form of this:



:)


Lisa isn't the only one making the pilgramige to Southern California, Dangrdafne is too! She & her husband are coming out for Comic Con in July.  She's another lady that is probably one of the kindest people I know!  AND, Twikiwi is coming too! She's doing the whole shebang & taking a West Coast tour...AND, was give a present from the Jackson Gawds...a chance to see 100 Monkeys in Seattle! The timing was really perfect on that one. Karma must be on her side, considering she's traveling all the way from the land of sheep.....New Zealand!

Rumor also has it that those filthy h00rs from Twitarded will be venturing out to San Diego for the Blogher conference in August.  Now if I could just arrange for RPattz to drop by...hmmm.

Good things are happening to me too! ES & I are going to see 100 Monkeys in LA in May, then again in August. I scored us FREE tix and a "skip the line" pass for that one! Guess it pays to be in the events industry. And as most of you already know, the RPattz Kimmel show is on Wedesnday up in LA. I have priority tickets, but it's still not a guarantee. Cross your fingers & toes for me :)  I also found out that my boss & I are going to be doing some restaurant events for Comic Con. Holy SHIT! If we get asked to do anything Twilight or True Blood related , I pray to gawd I can keep myself somewhat respectfully calm! So far we are doing the lounge for Stargate.... My boss was asked to be on the Comic Con Advisory Board again, but she has too much on her plate right now. Apparentlly she did it a couple years ago. Gah!

I apologize if this post was a bit all over the place. It's Friday and my mind is mush...yet spinning at the same time. Dangerous combo.

*I know A LOT of you are getting some kick ass Twi-opportunities in the future. I didn't mean to leave anyone out, I just know this post would have been way too long. Have something fun coming up? Share in the comments!

XOXO J

7 comments:

  1. Awww thank you sweetie. I can't believe all the Twi related trips I am taking this year. I NEVER would have done this before twilight. First I go to NY tomorrow with Living with Edward and meet up with all the other crazies :) Then it is San Diego for Comic Con and seeing you and Sue plus many others. Oh wait... the night before that trip is 100 Monkeys with Living with Edward, inotu and Blue_Darcy. Then August is Napa with TwiKiwi50 plus many more. Then FFOORRKKSS!! again with Living with Edward.

    1) Thank goodness for Living with Edward and being my travel buddy - thank you!!
    2) I can't wait to see everyone this year.
    3) Karma is an amazing thing! :)

    Hugs all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DD- I am so sorry I forgot to mention you were going with LWE to NY! Gah, How could I forget. I cannot wait to hear about it from all of you! So exciting. You all totally deserve your chance to see him, even if from afar, in the flesh!

    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it is or isn't Karma but am glad to see so many good people scoring these exciting opportunities. I'm in North Carolina so go have some fun for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm soooo happy for all of you & the cool things coming your way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention! "the land of sheep" eh? Is that all you think happens here? haha.

    I agree with your comments and believe that seeing everyone I'm going to have the chance to will be wonderful. At first I was down about missing FORKS2011 but I know that I'll be there in spirit x

    And YAY 100 MONKEYS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jen! Gah, I'm so far behind on reading posts and you've been quite prolific lately :) I don't know if I truly believe in karma, but the idea does seem to ring true. I won't say anything about negative karma (even though I'm dying to) cause I know if you can't say something nice then you shouldn't say anything at all. But, I will say that all of the people you mentioned in your post are truly kind and wonderful people and I'm so happy to see such great things happen to them. They deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm late to the party- i know.. but i am just so darn happy for lisa & mam cougar (and many others)... awesome ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Say it...OUT LOUD!