Wednesday, April 14, 2010

KStew, Tequila & good intentions...

I am already LOL as a begin typing this...hey, at least I can make fun of myself...

Last night one of my RL besties (who used to work with me at the hotel) & I went out to dinner. Originally we had planned for it to just be us, but then the owner of the restaurant where she is currently a manager, wanted to have a managers dinner the same night. She mentioned to him that she had plans with me (he knows me well) and he said to invite me along. So, not only did I get to hang out with my bestie and a few other cool peeps, I also got free dinner and drinks. SCORE!

We ended up going to this new gourmet/trendy Mexican restaurant downtown called El Vitral. I'm not super picky when it comes to food, but having been a Concierge for the past 9 years, I have seen the inside of many a restaurant. Let's just say El Vitral's website glorified the ambiance a bit. The lighting was too bright, and it felt as though you were dining in a cafeteria. The tables were set up in rows...kind of off-putting for a "gourmet" restaurant. Anyhoo, my skirt steak tacos were pretty yummy, and the 2 margaritas were delish. After dinner, we went back to one of the other managers condo for a drink before sharing a taxi home. I had a glass of white wine at his house and didn't really ever feel "drunk." But see, that's the problem with Tequila...sometimes I get an instantaneous buzz, other times it takes another drink to bring it out...


This looks almost identical to the margaritas I had...


I arrived home about 12am, and felt a bit Twired...Needless to say I powered up my lap top and saw a really cool video of KStew interviews from throughout the years. I was dying to post it (I often find myself with post ADD)...But unfortunately I began making mistakes and fumbling over my words (mind you, this doesn't happen after a couple glasses of wine) Before I knew it I was being jolted awake by my lap top screen slamming closed (the screw is loose & it's floppy) I had passed out! Tequila tends to bite me in the ass unexpectedly. Luckily...I wasn't hungover at all this morning, and I think I truly wasn't ever drunk...It's like Tequila gives me narcolepsy.


He definitely had 2 margaritas.

This wasn't the first time that I have suddenly fallen asleep post-margaritas. One time my neighbor and I walked up to a local restaurant and had 2 Cadillac margaritas...that time we barely remembered walking home. When I did get home, I conked out on the couch....computer in my lap. No hangover that time either...hmmm. There is something mystifying about Tequila. Luckily, I can only stomach 1 or 2 margaritas, and I DO NOT "DO" TEQUILA SHOTS. That's another story, for another time.

Anyways, here's the KStew vid. It just goes to show that all of her idiosyncrasies aren't new. They aren't Bella either. They are sooooo KStew.



By they way, Elusive S & I are going to see The Runaways tomorrow! I'm genuinely & truly looking forward to seeing it. And to be perfectly honest with you, I doubt I would have had any interest in seeing it, if KStew wasn't in it. And, if I had never seen Twilight, I probably would have never even been interested in KStew. Ahhhh, the ripple effect.

KStew as JJ, of course (no, not JennyJerkface)...lmao!

Unfortunately, The Runaways is only playing at an independent theater here in San Diego. The positive, is that's it's in a cool & funky little neighborhood smack dab in between Elusive S & I. I'm sure drinks will ensue prior to the movie....as usual. No Tequila.

XOXO J





9 comments:

  1. I never met a person I didn't like who had a Tequila story to tell :)

    Um...I'm not gonna comment on the KStew stuff since this is your blog and I'm gonna be respectful :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mmMoxie: You can say whatever you'd like in the comments field. I have always wanted it to be wide open to all opinions. I understand sometimes people want KStew to go jump off a bridge...and I am surprised that I love her as much as I do... Normally someone like her would drive me insane. I can't explain my adoration for her....xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You weren't kidding about the partying with your bff. Sounds like a kick ass night when you get to pass out from tequila. Thanks for the KStew vid - look at her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tequila is my favourite drink in the whole wide world. If it's good quality, then there's absolutely no hangover.

    Gawd, Jen, you're really making me in the mood. Got half a bottle still at home that my friend brought me when she visited me from Mexico. Perhaps it's time to kill it this weekend. :D

    P.S. Ditto on the Runaways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jelena: I wish I liked Tequila by itself...but I don't. Though I hear if you have some that's very high quality, it's a world of difference in taste. The 2 margaritas I had were made from a popular blanco teq..higher quality...thus the smooth buzz and no hangover. ;)

    I say you should whip out the Tequila your friend gave you, take a shot yourself, for me and for the rest of Twitardia!

    xoxo J PS always love your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. passing out from Tequila is definitely better than getting crazy ANGRY from it like some people do winding up in jail or breaking up with your boyfriend. LOL! Kristen has changed so much! She pulls off blond hair really well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too funny about the tequila and passing out at your computer. And you know I love the KStew vid and your comment about her idiosyncrasies. You are so right, and I remember her saying in an interview once that she felt her mistake was putting too much of herself into Bella in the first movie.

    Off to catch up on the rest of your posts. Geez. I take a couple days off for baseball, and look how far behind I am!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. How old were you when you had your first kiss?
    French kiss? 12... my boyfriend asked me in science class if I had "heard" what we were going to do after school. After that kiss, my friends and I nicknamed him "Hungry Hungry Hippo"

    2. Who is your celebrity crush?
    Uh MOS... duh. (Jackson Rathbone for the newer followers) :D followed by Robward followed by Jerad Anderson.


    3. What girl fashion trend confuses the heck out of you?
    short shorts with heels.

    4. What's the chick flick you secretly love?

    I can't answer this.

    5. What's your TV guilty pleasure?

    Wild or something like that on E... Kardashians, Real Housewives... though I must admit I watch these shows 1-2 times per month (look how often i blog! No tiempo!)

    6. Who would play you in the movie version of your life?
    Jennifer Love Hewitt.


    7. What's your dream job?
    travel writer

    8. If you could trade places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
    uhhhh a member of 100 monkeys? lol... I'd trade places with whoever Jackson's next gf is... so essentially I'd be trading places with myself ;)

    9. Who in your family are you closest to?
    My Mom & Sis (Twired Jen).

    10. What's your favorite website?
    uh... man, I'm lame...

    11. What's the fast food you can't live without?
    n/a... i mean it would be a shame if TACO BELL ceased to exist, but it would also mean I'd be healthier.


    12. What's your worst habit?
    Being late.

    13. What's the last song you listened to on your IPOD?
    Something Kings of Leon, something old.

    14. What's the last thing you bought?
    Pepcid for my sick child (labrador).

    15. What did you dream about last night?
    So many things. Swimming pools, lagoons, hotels, ex fiance (gag)...

    16. How much money is in your wallet right now?
    Maybe a few dollars.

    17. Fill in the blank: When I was 17, I was _____.

    so incredibly naive, in the best way.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sista' how come you answered the questions here??? LMAO~

    ReplyDelete

Say it...OUT LOUD!